Amber Alert Ended — Police locate two children believed to be brought to South Dakota by Canadian sex offender

Authorities in South Dakota have canceled an Amber Alert after locating two children believed to have been brought to South Dakota by a Canadian sex offender.

The Amber Alert originated in Canada on Monday, when authorities with Saskatchewan’s Royal Canadian Mounted Police, as part of an investigation, discovered 50-year-old Benjamin Moore, his common law partner and her two children were no longer at their residence.

Authorities in South Dakota issued an Amber Alert late Tuesday evening after receiving credible information that the suspect may have brought the two children, who are 7- and 8-years-old, across the international border and into the state.

According to the South Dakota Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI), the safety of the children was believed to be in danger, and an order was in place to return the custody of the children to Canadian authorities.

South Dakota’s Amber Alert lasted roughly 90 minutes before the DCI announced the children had been located.

Though it’s uncertain where the children were recovered, the Meade County Sheriff’s Office, based in Sturgis, posted to Facebook announcing the children had been “safely recovered.”

READ MORE: https://www.mitchellrepublic.com/news/south-dakota/amber-alert-authorities-seeking-information-regarding-two-endangered-children-believed-to-be-in-south-dakota

--

--

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store